Here in WM’s Leeds office, Sally Bridgewater is normally to be found coordinating our creative writing courses and competition entries – all your entries and assignments will cross her desk at some point. After absorbing so many of your stories, Sally is itching to write one herself and hopes being surrounded by your creative works will inspire her once she gets home.
Regular WM readers will be familiar with NaNoWriMo – the great global gathering each November where people attempt to write 50,000 words of their book? Well Sally is going even further. In November, she will:
– Write 50,000 words in a DAY, not a month – over 2000 words an hour… for 24 hours.
– Finish her whole first draft, up to 100,000 words, during November and finally get to The End.
– Raise money to help NaNoWriMo bring the joy of writing to young people.
– Blog about it all the while!
Follow Sally’s progress by visiting her her various web-spaces below. Any view or comment will provide Sally with vital encouragement in this ambitious (some might say ludicrous) trial of words.
• Find Sally on her blog
• Read her draft as she writes it here
• Follow her on Facebook, Twitter or using the hashtag #new2nov
Sally’s aim is to raise $1,667 for NaNoWriMo. 1,667 is a special number because it is the daily wordcount goal that all ‘WriMos’ have to achieve in order to reach 50,000 words in 30 days. The money will help disadvantaged people discover the joy of story-telling and ‘achieve their creative potential’. Sponsor her here.