Do you want to publish your own ebook? Writing Magazine‘s app How to Publish your Ebook app is the essential guide. We’ve received some excellent feedback from iPad owners since it was launched on the App Store in 2013 but now it’s available to all, whether you’re on Android, Kindle or a desktop PC.
The ultimate how-to guide to writing an ebook, the interactive app takes you, stage by stage, through every step of the e-publishing process, from the reasons to e-publish, the process of writing, formatting and uploading your ebook, to the best ways to sell and market your finished title.
Compiling all the best e-publishing advice from Writing Magazine‘s expert writers, it contains all the information you need to get your ebook published and selling online.
LEARN HOW TO:
• Format your ebook text
• Design a cover that will stand out on Amazon, Apple’s Newsstand or iBooks store, Smashwords – anywhere that ebooks are sold
• Write a book blurb and press release to generate publicity
• Upload your book to Amazon, Smashwords, Lulu, iBooks, or, alternatively, the benefits of using a company like Matador to do all the work for you.
• Build your online profile and generate sales
• Build an author platform online and widen your potential audience.
Encouraging advice and ideas to try from other successful e-publishers, including:
• Sales tactics from million-selling Amazon bestsellers John Locke, Stephen Leather and JA Konrath
• Why now is the time for you to e-publish.
• Interviews with authors who relish the independence of being their own boss, and not having to share their profits with a publisher
• Published authors who left mainstream contracts to be more successful on their own
• How one author went from idea to selling his ebook in just seven days.
• The ten steps of successful e-publishing.
How to Publish Your Ebook is available as a special issue from our magazine app for viewing on Android, Kindle and PC. iPad users have a choice of downloading the app individually, here, or from within our regular app, here.
Watch Writing Magazine editor Jonathan Telfer’s introduction to the app below
For all the latest publishing news, subscribe to Writing Magazine or download our app
Register and sign up for our newsletter for late-breaking news, more competitions and exclusive content