British Library Writer in Residence Melissa Addey will explore the business benefits for authors of developing their own merchandise
The workshop will take place on 14 March between 10am and 1pm and will cover:
• Five things merchandise can do for an author
• The difference between products and merchandise
• Case studies from J K Rowling to part-time authors
• The new product development process and how to avoid mistakes
• Planning ahead – writing merchandise into your books
Melissa, the 2016 Leverhulme Trust Writer in Residence at the British Library’s Business & IP Centre, has a business background in developing new products and mentoring entrepreneurs as well as being an author of non-fiction and historical fiction. During her residency she is working on two ideas: storytelling for businesses and business for storytellers.
The Merchandise for Writers workshop is free but needs to be booked in advance.
For all the latest publishing news, subscribe to Writing Magazine or download our app
Register and sign up for our newsletter for late-breaking news, more competitions and exclusive content