The environmentally aware indie publisher is running a series of monthly eco-themed writing competitions
Each Mini-MOLP contest will have a theme inspired by an environmental awareness campaign and will run for a calendar month. The winner of each monthly contest will get £80-worth of Magic Oxygen books and a special prize that will be revealed in the final week of each contest. Every entrant will have a tree planted in the Magic Oxygen Word Forest at Kundeni School in Bore in Kenya and will be sent the GPS co-ordinates for their tree.
The monthly Mini-MOLPs are:
• April: Letter to the Planet (350 words, closes 30 April), be inspired by Earth Day or National Gardening Week
• May: Eco Flash-Fiction (250 words, closes 31 May), be inspired by World Biodoversity Day or International Dawn Chorus Day
• June: Sonnet for the Solstice (14 lines, closes 30 June), be inspired by World Environment Day or World Oceans Day
• July: Postcard from the Park (200 words, closes 31 July), be inspired by National Parks Week or National Tree Day
• August: Last Words Monologue (400 words, closes 31 August), be inspired by World Honey Bee Day or World Elephant Day
Each Mini-MOLP entry has a fee of £3.50.
The winners will be announced the week after the monthly contest has closed. Winning entries will be included in the 2017 Magic Oxygen Literary Prize Anthology.
For all the latest publishing news, subscribe to Writing Magazine or download our app
Register and sign up for our newsletter for late-breaking news, more competitions and exclusive content