The 13th Althorp Literary Festival will take place from 30 June to 3 July, with ‘originality’ as its theme
As well as actor and raconteur Brian Blessed and Bill Bryson, who is the UK’s bestselling non-fiction author, the line-up will also feature:
• James Bond and Sherlock Holmes author and creator of Foyle’s War, Anthony Horowitz
• Today broadcaster James Naughtie
• Journalist, presenter and Labour peer Joan Bakewell
• Popular comedian and columnist Sara Pascoe
• Classic FM presenter John Suchet
• Investigative journalist and biographer Tom Bower.
‘I took as the theme of this year’s Althorp line-up ‘originality’. I have resisted the temptation to stick with past successes, and have gone for freshness and diversity. It’s a lip-smacking line-up,’ said Charles, ninth Earl Spencer.
During the Althorp Literary Festival, which has one of the world’s great private historic homes as its setting, at least nine talks will take place on each of the four days. There will also be fringe events including live music, exhibitions and poetry, food and drink and a spa service.
For all the latest publishing news, subscribe to Writing Magazine or download our app
Register and sign up for our newsletter for late-breaking news, more competitions and exclusive content